The Student News Site of Lampasas High School

Badger Tracks

Badger Tracks

Badger Tracks

Polls

Did you travel over spring break?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

New Year New Trends

Students Predict 2024 Ins and Outs
Students share their New Year’s Resolutions. Photos by Jadyn Arzola, Morgan Parker

New year. 

New trends. 

Recently many have taken to social media to share their “ins and outs of 2024.” These lists contain predictions on what will be trending, or “in,” and what will become unfashionable, or “out,” in the new year.

“My resolutions are focusing on self care, keeping my grades up to be at least top ten percent, improving in band, tennis and theater and trying to be a better person,” 

freshmen Cinai Brady-Testamark said.

Many people want to practice self care habits for the new year. Junior Ava Speichert plans to do this by embracing her natural hair. 

“Heat can be so damaging to hair and, for me, 2024 is all about being natural,” she said. 

There are many debates on what is “in” and “out” for the upcoming year.

“The ins and outs are valid and they’re different for everyone,” Brady-Testamark said. 

Some believe that the currently trending product Stanley cups will quickly go out of fashion. 

“I feel like if they keep making new designs they’ll stay popular and people will continue to buy them, but if they don’t people will get bored of them,” Speichert said.

Brady-Testamark believes that Hydro Flasks might make a comeback as the superior water bottle, and that the “VSCO girl” style that was popular around 2019 will come back with them. 

“I miss the VSCO era lowkey,” he said. 

Lately the “coquette” trend on social media, which embraces femininity, has led to colors such as light pinks and reds to rise in popularity. 

“I feel like women empowerment will be big this year,” Speichert said. 

Like all trends, the “ins” of the new year will eventually become “outs”.

“[New] trends will go as fast as the other trends do, and then another trend will take place right after,” Brady-Testamark said.

View Comments (1)