The Student News Site of Lampasas High School

Badger Tracks

Badger Tracks

Badger Tracks

Polls

Did you travel over spring break?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Boys Cross Country Team Runs At Regionals

Junior+Brayden+Phillips+jogs+the+course+at+the+580+Sports+Complex+to+practice+for+the+Lampasas+home+meet.+
Morgan Parker
Junior Brayden Phillips jogs the course at the 580 Sports Complex to practice for the Lampasas home meet.

The cross country team went to regionals Oct. 23 with junior Kent Ashley placing 29, junior Brayden PhilIps 43 and sophomore Royce Clary in 104 with the team placing 14 overall. 

“I just know we made it to regionals, and we made it to regionals as a team,” Ashley said. “That’s already a big accomplishment.”

Ashley was 7places away from making it to state.

“I think Kent being so close to qualifying for state and then not making state is okay, because we know he’s going to return next year, obviously, and it’s only going to get better,” assistant Coach Elizabeth Duran said. “But I’d say that was a low point, but it’s something to build on.”

Doran sees that the team communicates well with each other.

“The boys and the girls seem unified and communicate well with each other and practice together and push each other,” Duran said. “The fact that you see that unity from both sides is different.”

Duran has learned a lot of different techniques to work out  from head cross country coach Connie Hand.

“Because it’s such a young team, it just shows that there’s so much room for growth,” Duran said. “It’s just going to keep getting better.”