The Student News Site of Lampasas High School

Badger Tracks

Badger Tracks

Badger Tracks

Polls

Did you travel over spring break?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Volleyball To Play Marble Falls At Home Today

Loreily Mejia
The volleyball team practices Wednesday after school.

The varsity volleyball team has a 10-25 record and will play at 4:30 p.m. today against Marble Falls.

Practice started in July to prepare for the first game Aug. 4.

Practice hours are Monday and Thursday from 6:00 a.m. to 7:30 a.m, and Wednesday from 3:30 p.m to 5:00 p.m.

“We practice like the rotation we go in, serve, hitting and serve receive,” junior Meredith McBeth said. “I think a really big part of practice is learning how to be mentally tough.”

According to senior MiKayla Winter, the varsity percentage hasn’t been the best, but regardless, she and her teammates refuse to be negative. 

“We play again this week and I’m excited,” McBeth said. “I know we have lost quite a bit in a row, but I don’t think that matters because I think we played all of those games really well and I’m excited to make it to playoffs.”

The varsity team’s positive attitude has impacted the younger generation.

“The freshman team has been hard at it since before the school year started,” assistant volleyball coach Bob Davis said. “They have the added advantage of watching how dedicated our JV and varsity are to the sport and that is such a positive!”

Head volleyball coach Christy Wiley told the team not to focus on the pre-season record.

“We have had our ups and down,” Wiley said. “All the games are just preparing us for district and that’s the record that counts.”