McQueen Becomes New Principal

Back to Article
Back to Article

McQueen Becomes New Principal

Assistant Principal Joey McQueen poses in the cafeteria with his patriotic neck tie on 'Merica Monday.

Daunte Cuffie, Reporter

Daunte Cuffie, Reporter

Daunte Cuffie, Reporter

Austin Hilgenberg, Reporter

With desire for a better school in his heart, Joey McQueen hopes to change the school with his new ideas. McQueen started the spring semester as the new principal, a promotion from his previous role of assistant principal. 

“I’m honored to have been given this position,” Joey McQueen said. “I had the opportunity to fulfil my dream of  being a college coach. Then my wife and I knew we had to come back to Lampasas because we love it here. This promotion is a blessing. I love this school and am honored to be given this job.

McQueen was an Athletic Director and Head Football coach back from 2007-2012. He then went and to Hardin-Simmons to be a receivers coach.

“I admire our staff here,” McQueen said. “To have a good school, you first must keep your teachers well taken care of. If they’re taken care of and excited to learn, then your students will be well educated.”

During this transition from Assistant Principal to Principal, Paul Weinheimer will take McQueen’s place as assistant principal.

“I am glad Mr. McQueen got the promotion,” senior Adam Murphy said. “He works hard to keep this school in check. I feel that the school is in much better shape now that McQueen is here. He works hard to make this school have a better atmosphere and make learning more fun again.”

Mcqueen stated how he is excited to see this school prevail in academics and athletics throughout his time being Principal.

“This school shouts Badger Pride,” McQueen said. “As assistant principal you handle a lot of disciplinary problems. Being the new Principal , I will still handle some of the behavioral incidents. If I see someone in the hall with a hat or both earbuds in, then I’m going to get after them. This position has many changes, but I have had great mentors like Mr. Young to help me along, and I am ready to take this position.