The Student News Site of Lampasas High School

Badger Tracks

Badger Tracks

Badger Tracks

Polls

Did you travel over spring break?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Seniors Spend Their Last Days In Style

Jade Arzola

For the first time, seniors will have themed dress up days during finals week. Monday will be grandma and grandpa day, Tuesday will be pajama day and Wednesday students will dress like teachers and teachers will dress like students.

“Some of the students are already planning their outfits,” English IV teacher Nathaniel Brayton said.

Senior Rae Shannon came up with this idea from TikTok and brought it to principal Joey McQueen, who approved it. 

“I kept seeing them [people on TikTok] have senior spirit weeks and I was like ‘oh that’s a really good idea,’ and it would be perfect for the last three days for seniors,” Shannon said. “I figured it would make the last week pretty fun.”

After gaining McQueen’s approval, Shannon asked students for dress up ideas and then asked instructional specialist Kalin Wells to create a poll for the senior class Canvas. 

“It was a really smooth process,” Shannon said. “It happened in like three days.”

Students assisted Shannon in coming up with possible ideas for the dress up days.

“I asked a big handful of people,” Shannon said. “It was a lot of senior collaborative work.”

Many, including teachers, are most excited for Wednesday’s theme- students dress as teachers and teachers dress as students.

“ I see these all the time on TikTok and am glad we are getting the opportunity here,” Brayton said.

Brayton said he already has his outfit picked out.

“I tried finding my outfit at Walmart, but they didn’t have what I needed so I’m going to have to go to Cove or Killeen,” he said. “I’m looking for bright colored shorts and some Js. A student is also going to let me borrow his chain.”

Shannon plans to dress up like McQueen for this day.

“I’m pretty excited for that,” they said.

McQueen said dress up days are important for school spirit.

“I feel like students want to be involved and have fun during the year,” he said.

Brayton said he thinks some seniors may not dress up because it is so late in the year. 

“I’m not sure how advertised they have been,” Brayton said. “But I do think the students who do dress up will commit hard.”

Brayton said this trend should continue because dress up days build a culture for the school.

“I feel like [dress up days] make people more comfortable, and maybe make students look forward to seeing what their peers are dressed up as,” he said. “Maybe going forward we can be even more up on the trends with dress up days as a school. I feel like the students have really been wanting to do ‘anything but a backpack’ day.”

In all, these days are for seniors to enjoy their last days of high school.

“I just hope people have fun,” Shannon said.