Students To Follow Exam Schedule Next Week

Veronica Butler
Final exams will begin Monday and will finish on the last day of school.

As another school year comes to a close, another round of exams is upon us, and the exam schedule has changed once more.

Exams will start Monday next week with the eighth and ninth period exams in the afternoon. Tuesday is the first and second period exams, also in the afternoon. Wednesday, the third and fourth period exams are in the morning. Thursday there are only sixth and seventh period exams.

On Tuesday, the first period exam comes before the second period exam, which has led to confusion in students with only first period off.

“They can leave campus and return or they can sit in the cafeteria and take a little break,” assistant principal Paul Weinheimer said. “This was a mistake on my part but I did not want to change the schedule after putting it out unless absolutely necessary.”

On Wednesday, the schedule states there is a normal sixth period/lunch period, with an extra sixth period class after. This is not a mistake in the schedule.

“The 6th period for lunch is short and so we added another 6th period for last minute studies for the test the next day and other class periods have finished already,” Weinheimer said.

Typically, exam periods are dispersed throughout the day, but Monday and Tuesday, the exams are in the afternoon, and Wednesday they are in the morning because of AP exams.

“I think it’s great that they adjusted the schedule for AP exams so that AP students don’t have to worry about making up their exams,” senior Daecee Ellis said.

Exams on Thursday also overlap with the senior graduation rehearsal. Seniors must make up their sixth and seventh exams before Tuesday of finals week, as they will not go to school that day.

“I really have no opinion on the new schedule,” senior Tyler Grant said. “It’s only one more small obstacle before I’m out of here for good.”