Admin Releases Two-Day Finals Schedule

The 2023-2024 finals schedule will last two days instead of three.

The schedule for the semester final exam has changed to two days instead of three days. Periods 1 through 4 tests will be Thursday, and periods 6 through 9 tests will be Friday.
“We moved finals to two days for multiple reasons,” assistant principal Paul Weinheimer said. “Three days seemed to drag on and not be efficient.”
For the two exam days, student’s lunch is determined by their academic period. Auto, agriculture, shop, welding and construction along with all the upstairs classes will have A Lunch, and all the other classes will have B Lunch.
“Our schedule changed to where we are in school the entire day on [Dec.] 15,” Weinheimer said. “Many students will have exemptions and therefore will not have to take every final so it will not be overbearing. This also gives another day for lessons or review to prepare for finals.”
Weinheimer sent a draft of the schedule to administrators and counselors for approval.
“It seems confusing to me, the actual exam periods, just the whole A lunch academic period thing — that still doesn’t make very much sense to me,” senior Connor Ferreira said.
Sophomore Kayden Biggars likes the new schedule more than the old one.
“I just remember having to balance three [exams], and then another three, and then two,” he said.
This is the second year that exemption tickets will be online instead of students receiving physical tickets
“I prefer the google doc for the exemptions,” history teacher Danelle Ecker said. “Then we can all keep track of when kids are violating the exemption rules.”