The Student News Site of Lampasas High School

Badger Tracks

Badger Tracks

Badger Tracks

Polls

Did you travel over spring break?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Cheerleaders Disappointed Music Didn’t Play For Rio Dance; Excited To Perform Movies Theme Today

Jadyn Arzola
Sophomore Krista McManus expresses disappointed as she realizes the music for the cheerleaders’ Rio skit is not working at the pep rally Aug. 25.

Today’s pep rally theme is “Movies.” For the dance skit, freshmen will be “Avatar,” sophomores will be “Jurassic Park,” juniors will be “Top Gun” and seniors will be “Pitch Perfect.”

During the Pep Rally Aug. 25 the cheerleaders’ music for their Rio skit did not play. 

“I think somebody stepped in, like, the little hole where the aux. cord was plugged in,” senior Liliana Miller said. “So they jammed the cord into the ground and then it broke and the mascots weren’t able to do their skit.” 

Cheer coach Shannon Lindsey has checked the plug and cords multiple times to make sure it will work today. 

Senior Janie Resa and others were disappointed about the incident at the first pep rally. 

“I was really sad about the whole music box thing cutting out because we worked hard for everyone,” Resa said. “It was just one of those things that I wasn’t mad or anything, and I don’t blame the person who did it. It was just all kind of disappointing.”

Even though the cheerleaders weren’t able to do their skit, they still stayed positive.

“We just moved on from it,” sophomore Jacie Resa said. “We were definitely, like, confused, but cheerleaders and mascots were trained to be, like, okay let’s go because during a pep rally you never really know what’s going to happen.”

The cheer team and cheer coach Shannon Lindsey hope to prevent something like this again. 

“They’re going to, like, close the little lid so that the hole is closed,” Miller said. “It is to prevent people from stepping in it.”

The cheerleaders, including senior Karissa Perez and sophomore Krista McManus, perform a cheer to replace the skit they had to cancel when the music plug was damaged Aug. 25. (Jadyn Arzola )