Quarantine Tips

Take Care of Family, Friends, Yourself While Stopping Spread Of COVID-19

Cameron Wilson

More stories from Cameron Wilson

Seventh+grade+student+Aerilyn+Garner+finishes+science+classwork+from+home.+For+your+mental+health%2C+it+is+important+to+take+time+for+hobbies+you+enjoy+after+finishing+work+everyday.+

Camerson Wilson, Reporter

Seventh grade student Aerilyn Garner finishes science classwork from home. For your mental health, it is important to take time for hobbies you enjoy after finishing work everyday.

Due to COVID-19, LISD has had to close for health issues regarding the virus. Governor Greg Abbott announced today that all Texas schools will continue remote learning for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year.

The virus has had an effect on all of us, having everyone self-isolating and social-distancing themselves. While we’re all stuck at home, cabin fever may start to settle in, so here are some little ideas and tips to keep occupied and motivated.

Cleaning up is a good start. You always say you’ll get that kitchen clean but you always forget, so since we’re all stuck at home why not go ahead and get that done? It’d help out around the house and cut down on your time being bored. 

Additionally, enjoy life at home. Once you’ve finished everything you’ve had to work on, search up some recipes on something you like to cook, or hop online with your friends and play some video games to have some fun. Listen to some music to chill out while you’re finding something to do. 

Also, try focusing on some self care, such as working out, learning about some of your interests and doing things that make you happy. Sometimes taking time to focus on yourself and not the things around you is better for your mental health, so every now and then take a moment to reflect on yourself and how you’re doing. It’s important to make sure you’re taking care of yourself mentally in these troubling times. 

What’s most important, though, is to stay in touch while staying home. Make sure you and your friends can still contact each other. Staying home is still the best thing you can do, not only for yourself, but for the community and your family as well. Once this is all over, things will return to normal, but as for now, we have to make sure we do what we can to take care of our families, friends and ourselves while  stopping the spread of this virus.