Sincerely, Senior Staff

Graduating Reporters Reflect on Past 4 Years, Future Plans

Senior+Staff+takes+their+final+picture+together+May+18.+

Mrs. Cain

Senior Staff takes their final picture together May 18.

(Lydia Breuer) Even though I don’t plan on pursuing anything journalism related after high school, being a member of Badger Tracks has affected my life a lot. I have learned so much and made great friendships, as well as making me even more insufferable when it comes to grammar. My time here is coming to an end but it is going to be difficult to let go.
LHS has so many personalities that I am definitely going to miss. The teachers here have taught me so much other than their designated classes. It’s time for me to go but it’s hard to leave everything behind.
(Bryce Elders) Writing about myself is like a peacock preening over and over, as I am a textbook narcissist, however I digress already. These past 4 years have been the most surreal, yet grounding experience I’ve had in my small 18 years. I’ve lost and gained friends, I’ve been the most dismal I’ve ever been, and the happiest I’ve ever been and sometimes it happens within the same school week.
It’s hard to not come off as preachy when you’re a senior and you feel you have 45 year old bones with a 10 year old brain, but the advice I’d give myself if I got a second chance at high school is I’d tell him to get used to the friction that comes with desires because it always lights a flame of conflict somewhere. All in all though, it’s been a ride, and I’m finally accepting that it’s time to move on.
(Aydin Kantner) With the school year finally winding down, there’s a lot of things to look forward to. Not only will I officially be done with high school, but I’ll be making that unavoidable and horrifying next move in my life: leaving the nest.
Moving out is difficult, the conversation is even harder. Trying to juggle a job, school and the prospect of legitimate adulthood is extremely tedious, so I am excited to eliminate one of those stressors for at least the summer. Hopefully college life has a little more stability. I will need it for the fall semester.
However, until I start that semester I’ll be sure to be working my minimum wage, 9-5 job everyday.
(Cameron Wilson) My experience with being in the Badger Tracks newspaper was a short one albeit, but a good one nonetheless. I miss working with everyone, and remember the good times I had with everyone. It was something special, really. It’s kind of hard to explain unless you were there. It’s one of those things. Making deadlines, the pressure, the rush before print comes out, it was kind of chaotic but it was orderly chaos, and it was also a lot of fun. I had to leave early due to some personal reasons, but I’ve still tried to find some time for the team. I had a lot of fun with it.
(Lexi Moreland) I’ve been at Lampasas High School since I was a freshman and now I am a senior. In all honesty it has been a rollercoaster ride. I have made friends and lost friends, I have struggled in classes and excelled in my life, and everything that has happened has made me a better person. It blows my mind that I am finally graduating high school and moving on to college. Taking that first step in my life. My dad always called the years of my life before this moment a trial period to life. Where I got to make mistakes and learn, and find the person I am. Now I´m entering the game of life and it’s time to make my own decisions and become the woman I always wanted to be.
Freshman me would have never believed you if you told me “don’t blink or you’ll miss it”, and senior me can’t believe the year is almost over. Lampasas High School, thank you for the past four years. I learned the importance of dedication and persistence, I made forever friends, and I gained the confidence to take the steps needed to pursue my dreams. Senior year coming to an end is definitely bittersweet. I’m excited for the new opportunities that await in college, but I’m sad to leave behind the town I grew up in. Appreciate every moment and enjoy all the little things. Before you know it you’ll be one week from graduating. (Brooke MIller)