Theatre+secretary+and+stage+manager+Julia+Hairston+glues+together+a+tree+for+the+Seussical%3A+The+Musical+set+design.+

Janice Hanson, Reporter

Theatre secretary and stage manager Julia Hairston glues together a tree for the Seussical: The Musical set design.

Seussical: The Musical

Theatre prepares for fall show

August 29, 2019

The Lampasas Theatre Company will open it’s fall show, Seussical: The Musical, on Oct. 5  at 6:30 in the cafetorium.. The show will feature a blend of Dr. Seuss classics.

“The main story is Horton Hears a Who, with cameos from other Dr. Seuss characters,” theatre president Makayla Osburn said. “Horton’s goal is to save his friends while facing judgement and exile.”

Osburn will play Jojo, Horton’s friend. Other cast members include: Kaitie McLendon, James McLendon, Abby Taylor, Kellie Kozma and Kailr Clemments.

“The show has a lot of music, it’s up to the cast to make sure that their lines and songs are memorized,” stage manager Julia Hairston said. “I can help keep them on track, but this year, a lot of responsibility falls to the actors.”

This year officers have more responsibility than past years, and they are moving at a much faster pace to make time for the fall show and the winter show.

“Everyone’s moving at a much faster pace,” actor Cole Wheeler said. “It definitely keeps us on our toes. We’re having to learn and adapt quicker, and push harder to accomplish a common goal.”

The program is growing. There are many more involved freshman than previous years. 

“It’s exciting to be a part of something that involves so much passion,” lead freshman Kaitie McLendon said. “I love being included in a show with so many people and so much involvement and vigor.” 

The Seussical is only one of the shows the program will do this year. In addition to the fall musical, they will perform a winter musical and participate in UIL One Act Play.

“It might get a little stressful trying to do so much his year, but I think it’s worth it,” lead actor James McLendon said. “That’s the price to pay for being a lead.”

After the opening, Seussical will show on the following weekend. 

“We’ve worked really hard to produce a show that will delight adults and children alike,” sophomore Micheal Neary said. “Come out and support the theatre program, you won’t regret it.”