Volleyball To Play Jarrell For Playoff Spot Tonight

Senior+Emily+Cain+celebrates+volleyball+senior+night+with+her+family+Oct.+25.+

Amelia Stanley

Senior Emily Cain celebrates volleyball senior night with her family Oct. 25.

Amelia Stanley, Editor-In-Chief

The volleyball team beat Marble Falls Tuesday. The girls’ record is 3-7, which is the best district record they have had in several years. The volleyball team is tied with Jarrell for the final spot in playoffs. They will play a tiebreaker game at Leander Glenn High School tonight at 6:30 p.m. 

The game tomorrow will determine if the girls go to the playoffs this year for the first time since 2011. They are currently tied with Jarrell with a 3-7 record.

“We beat Jarrell the first time we played them, and we can do it again,” ” senior Madison Roedler said. “Once we beat Jarrell, we are in the first round of playoffs.”

In addition to possibly making it to playoffs, the girls currently have a season record of 15-20, which is also significantly better than previous years.

“We have all grown as players since our freshman year,” senior Hannah Perry said. “We now have the chance to go to playoffs for the first time in 11 years with the same people we’ve played with since middle school.”

Tuesday night’s game was senior night for the girls. There are nine seniors graduating. 

“There has been a drastic change within this year’s volleyball team compared to my previous years,” Roedler said. “I couldn’t have been more thankful to spend senior year this way.”