Volleyball To Play Lago Vista At Home Tonight

Amelia Stanley

Senior Grace Ullevig celebrates a spike.

Amelia Stanley, Editor-In-Chief and Photo Editor

The volleyball team is 12-15, 0-2 in district. They will compete in their third district game tonight at 5:00 p.m. at home against Lago Vista. 

“Our expectations for district are that the girls leave everything on the court at the end of each game,” Assistant volleyball coach Brianna Acker said. “No matter win/lose, we want to be able to say that the girls and us coaches gave it all we had.” 

The team has nine seniors, two juniors and one sophomore. Senior Breanna Pelbath moved to Lampasas at the beginning of the school year from Leander. 

“I actually moved from Leander and was a little nervous at first since it was such a big transition moving from a pretty big city to a small town in my senior year,” Pelbath said. “Everyone ended up being very welcoming and I feel like I fit in right away. I also really enjoyed getting a leadership role and being a part of this amazing team.” 

In 2021, the girls went 0-8 in district. With the new UIL realignment, the girls have been placed in a new district this year which includes Lago Vista, Burnet, Marble Falls, Gateway and Jarrell. 

“I believe we have a great chance at playoffs and although the first games didn’t go as planned, our mindsets haven’t changed,” Junior Landry White said. “We know we need to improve on those little errors that we’ve been practicing since day one. Once we eliminate the mistakes we can control, our team will be set for playoffs.” 

After tonight’s game, there will be five games remaining, and they will enter the second round of district after next week. 

“This team has a great bond and there are many obstacles we’ve had that we’ve been able to overcome,” White said. “Coach Acker has been a great aspect to our team and has shown us a new world of volleyball. All of these girls are family to me.”