Golf Teams Advance To Regionals

Courtesy of Joey McQueen

Lady Badgers Golf won District Champs. Sophomore Jennifer Greiner won individual champion. Badgers Golf earned 2nd place Team.

Brooke Miller, Photo Editor

The Lady Badger golf team placed first and the Badger Golf team placed second at the two-day home district meet Monday and Tuesday. 

“I was pleased with the team’s performance at the district tournament, but I know that we have the potential to play so much better,” senior Shaylee Wolfe said. “I was not overly impressed, but rather excited to have the opportunity to work harder and play the way I know we can.”

Both teams will head to regionals in Lubbock. The boys compete April 18-19 and the girls compete April 20-21.

“We have really come together as a team this year and have been pushing each other really hard,” senior Jaxon Tomme said. “I’ve had more fun this season with this group of guys and girls than I’ve had all the rest of the years because we all compete with each other and push each other.”

Sophomore Jennifer Greiner received individual champion. 

“Being an individual champion means a lot to me because I have worked my whole life on golf, and winning it made me feel like all my hard work was worth it,” Greiner said. 

Wolfe said the team has improved since last season. 

“We’re practicing harder and playing better in our tournaments,” Wolfe said. “We’re very excited to advance to regionals and see what we can accomplish there.”

Tomme said the team did not play their best, but they accomplished their goal.

“Some solid scores were shot, but by no means are we satisfied with how we played,” Tomme said. “Now it’s time to go back to work and go after the next goal.”

The state meet will be the final week of the school year.

“Our goal for regionals is to go to state,” Wolfe said. “It’s going to be a lot of work in the short three week time period, but we are willing to do it. Going to state is a huge accomplishment, and I can’t see us not achieving that.”