Pretty In A Minute

Damon Ayala Presents To Cosmetology Students

Lydia Breuer

Ayala demonstrates a wave technique to students and cosmetology teacher Christine Hearn Feb. 24, 2022.

Lydia Breuer, Editor-in-Chief

Master stylist Damon Ayala presented to the cosmetology students Feb. 24 to teach students different techniques, how to use certain tools and provided a discount supplies package from Pretty In A Minute. Cosmetologist teacher Christine Hearn plans for the business to return every year.

I enjoy giving my students every opportunity to learn new trends and skills and learn from other professionals,” Hearn said. “I would love the future classes to get the opportunity to enroll in the student program and have access to the education and certification.”

The student program includes professional tools and multiple assets to assist any upcoming or seasoned cosmetologists. 

“I was introduced to the business by [platform artist for Pretty In A Minute] Anthony Gallo at the Texas Industrial Vocational Association two summers ago,” Hearn said. “That is where I was introduced to this company and impressed by the quality of the tools, the lifetime education opportunities and lifetime warranty on the equipment.”

Ayala is a certified Paul Mitchell National Educator and travels to educate cosmetologists everywhere about different techniques and how to build business with social media.

“I travel to adult beauty schools and high school cosmetology courses to motivate and inspire future generations of cosmetologists and provide them with a program to help them to get off to a successful start in this industry,” Ayala said.

Ayala advocates for never giving up because he failed his certification exam five times. After graduating he strived to continue his education and achieved his Master Haircutting Certification at the Vidal Sassoon Academy in London.

“Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition,” Ayala said. “They somehow know what you truly want to become.”

Senior Megan Caddies purchased the bundle with a regular straightener, the keratin straightener and a three in one curling iron with interchangeable barrels.

“I learned how to be a better cosmetologist,” Caddies said. “He showed us more curling techniques and how to use hot tools. They are really nice products, and it is cool because only professionals can buy them. You can’t buy them off of Amazon or Ulta and get these tools so it’s pretty cool.”

The certification test for the cosmetology students is March 23.

“I like making people feel pretty, it makes me feel good when people feel good about themselves,” Caddies said.