Lady Badger Soccer To Play Final Pre-Season Game At Home Tomorrow

Lydia Breuer, Editor-In-Chief

The Lady Badger soccer team practices after school Jan. 19.

Lydia Breuer, Editor-In-Chief

The Lady Badgers soccer team has won two games in the pre-season so far. The last pre-season game is at home against Snyder tomorrow. District games will begin Jan. 26 against Salado.

The start of the season has been fast paced and fun,” Lady Badgers soccer coach Emma Sharp said. “The girls played hard, and also played some pretty tough opponents. The girls are working very hard during practices and in the weight room in order to be the best they can be on and off the field.”

Sharp believes this season is going to be better than last year’s.

“The girls are confident, and the morale is high,” Sharp said. “We are ready to attack our District teams and make a shot at playoffs. I believe we will take a lot of teams by surprise this year.“

Sharp is a new coach at Lampasas, and she has played soccer for 18 years. She played for the Texas Tech Club Soccer team and was president and head coach for two years.

“​I would say that my love for the game and getting to see the other side of coaching in the past years with Texas Tech is what has inspired me the most,” Sharp said. “Getting to change the lives of these girls both on and off the field is what means the most to me. Things such as responsibility, accountability and respect are things that will be carried with them far beyond high school soccer.”

The girls are confident, and the morale is high. We are ready to attack our District teams and make a shot at playoffs. I believe we will take a lot of teams by surprise this year.

— Lady Badger head soccer coach Emma Sharp

With a new coach, the players had to adapt to the change.

“Honestly, Sharp is one of the kindest, funniest and most hard-working coaches you will ever meet,” senior Cobie Chandler said. “She has given her all to make sure we have not only a productive season, but a fun season. Personally she has helped me overcome many obstacles, and she has even helped me with college recruitments.”

Chandler plans to continue her soccer career into college.

“It’s a bittersweet feeling knowing that this is going to be my last year playing high school soccer,” Chandler said. “However, I have some offers that I am looking into at the moment, but you never know what life holds.”

Junior Becca Nobles plans to challenge herself and grow her skills in the game this year. 

“I think the season is going to be good but tough,” Nobles said. “We have a lot of work ahead of us to achieve our set goals as a team but we are taking it day by day growing quickly and together.”