Deadline To Sign Up For ACT Tomorrow

There+is+a+boot+camp+for+the+ACT+Feb.+3+from+8+a.m.+-+2+p.m.+Students+can+sign+up+for+it+in+testing+coordinator+Lori+Weinheimers+office.+

Dakota Decker, Reporter

There is a boot camp for the ACT Feb. 3 from 8 a.m. – 2 p.m. Students can sign up for it in testing coordinator Lori Weinheimer’s office.

Lucy Mantilla, Reporter

The deadline to sign up for the ACT is tomorrow. There is a boot camp for the ACT Feb. 3 from 8 a.m. – 2 p.m. There is a slot for 50 students to sign up for the boot camp for free as the service is being provided by Mastery prep.

Lampasas HS has contracted with a company called Mastery Prep to come do a boot camp for students,” testing coordinator Lori Weinheimer said. “We have paid for only 50 slots and students will get tips and tricks and educational support before taking the ACT. Students must come complete the sign-up sheet in Mrs. Weinheimer’s office for the boot camp.” 

The ACT is a college entrance exam Not all colleges require an entrance exam, but it is there for those who plan to go to college with an entrance exam. The ACT includes a 45 minute English test and a 60 minute math test. 

“We typically have about 100 students register,” Weinheimer said. “I do not expect more than previous years. I actually expect less. Many universities have gone test optional and many community colleges do not require it at all.”

While some colleges might be test optional for enrollment, they still require the TSIA. Seniors must check to see if they completed all necessary testing prior to graduation. 

“I plan on taking the ACT senior year as well as the SAT,” sophomore Bryce Neely said. 

“If they offer the boot camps, my senior year I’ll be sure to check them out.”