HOSA Hosts Trunk or Treat

HOSA+members+celebrate+a+successful+trunk+or+treat+Saturday.+

Courtesy of Julie Salvato

HOSA members celebrate a successful trunk or treat Saturday.

Brooke Miller, Photo Editor

HOSA hosted a trunk or treat Oct. 30 at the high school student parking lot from 4-6 p.m. The goal was to bring together the community and student body. 

“The inspiration behind the trunk or treat was that we wanted something to do for the community,” HOSA vice president Hailey Crites said. “It was something that would involve parents and kids. Since it was hosted here at the high school it gave them an opportunity to see many different things we have for their children to look forward to one day.”

There were approximately 20 cars made up of student organizations, sports and clubs that came together to support HOSA and the community. 

“One minute we had three kids in our line, the next minute we looked back over, and the line appeared to be close to the stop sign,” Crites said. “It had such a fantastic outcome which left it to be so fun, and very satisfying knowing that all our hard work paid off.”

Cheerleader Hadley Oncken volunteered her car to represent the cheer team.

“I think HOSA hosted such a great community event that brought together not only the community but different areas of our student body,” Oncken said. “It provided a great opportunity for future high schoolers to see what they want to be a part of in the future.”

Crites said this could be a HOSA tradition to pass down.

“I really enjoyed hosting the trunk or treat,” Crites said. “It was definitely one for the books. There were so many smiling faces, and we did see a few of the kids come back through once or twice. It was just nice to see how many people actually showed up and gave us hope to maybe continue to do this yearly, but make it bigger and better!”