Volleyball Prepares To Play Glen Rose Today

Amelia Stanley, Reporter

The varsity volleyball team celebrates after senior Juliana Dwamena spiked the ball to score.

Veronica Butler, Reporter

The volleyball teams lost at Stephenville Oct. 5 and beat University Oct. 8. They play Glen Rose today and will play Stephenville again Oct. 22.

The recent games in Brownwood and Stephenville were really rough games,” head coach Christy Wiley said. “Brownwood is ranked #9 and Stephenville is ranked #4 for 4A in the state.  They are both exceptional teams.”

Wiley is hopeful the team will beat Stephenville when they play them again.

“I believe players performed very well against Burnet for a non-district game, however, I do not feel that we as a team have performed to our potential during district,” Wiley said. 

Wiley said they are focusing on improving where they can. 

“I told the team, control what we can control and forget the rest,” Wiley said. “That’s all we can do!”

The loss at Stephenville set them back, but Wiley is preparing her team to beat Glen Rose.

“Glen Rose only has one win after the first round so we are shooting to beat them,” Wiley said. “If we both end district with one win, we will have a tie and go into tie breaker.”

Freshman, however, have been almost undefeated.

“Freshman have been great!” freshman coach Emma Sharp said. “We are 4-1 in District play right now.”

This is Sharp’s first year at Lampasas.

“They have made my first year teaching/coaching so fun and memorable, I can’t wait to see what they do for this program in the years to come!” Sharp said.