Seniors’ Final Home Game Aligns With District Championship

Quarterback+Ace+Whitehead+looks+to+the+sideline+for+the+play+call+at+the+Canyon+Lake+football+game+Oct.+30.+

Katie Procter, Reporter

Quarterback Ace Whitehead looks to the sideline for the play call at the Canyon Lake football game Oct. 30.

Adam Arthurs, Social Media Editor

Tonight’s football game will be the final one for the Class of 2021 as students at Badger Stadium.

Students say it is bittersweet for the class of ‘21 because most people this year thought that due to COVID-19 pandemic they may not have a football season. 

¨Having the last game at Badger Stadium is definitely the most bittersweet moment of my high school career yet,¨ senior trainer Taylor Talbert said ¨Some of my best memories came from being on the field as a trainer starting as a freshman and ending it tonight at Badger Stadium as a senior. I think one favorite memory of all of us senior trainers is watching Harrison Hays getting launched onto our water table and making it collapse right in the middle.¨

Per principal Joey McQueen the seniors will be allowed to walk the field tonight after the game as a class after the school song. Students must wear a face covering when they do so. 

There are 22 graduating football seniors. 

Tonight the Badgers will face the Fredericksburg Billies for the 6-4A district title. The Badgers remain undefeated in the district as every other team has suffered a loss this season. The Badgers look  tonight to cap off a historic season finishing undefeated in the regular season for the first time in over 30 years. Next week the team will start the 4A state playoffs ranked in 2nd place as of right now.

Fredericksburg has no playoff hopes, so  tonight is the final game of the year for the Billies.

The town is 100% behind the Badgers tonight as limited tickets were sold out when they opened to the public Wednesday morning, so it is sure to be a packed stadium tonight (within COVID-19 guidelines). 

¨I definitely think we are going to leave the field with another win under our belts,¨ Talbert said. ¨I am extremely confident in our boys and proud to call some of them my brothers.¨