Football Team To Play First Game Tomorrow Since Multiple COVID-19 Diagnoses

Adam Arthurs, Social Media Editor

Coaches spent days cleaning the field house and locker rooms, washing clothing and spraying disinfectant around the locker rooms to prevent the spread of the virus after multiple football players tested positive for COVID-19 almost 3 weeks ago.

Adam Arthurs, Social Media Editor

The football team will play Taylor tomorrow in Taylor after a three week break. This is also the first district game of the season. 

At least three players tested positive for the virus almost three weeks ago which sent some into quarantine over a period of two weeks.

“There was a get-together that happened with some people from the high school, and then we came back that Monday and all of us got quarantined that day,” an anonymous student said. 

The coaches then spent days cleaning the field house and locker rooms, washing clothing and spraying disinfectant around the locker rooms to prevent the spread of the virus.

“This year it is more stressful to be an athlete because the season could be ripped away at any moment,” an anonymous parent said. “There are so many changes this year due to COVID-19. I feel bad for this year’s seniors because they don’t deserve this.”

The quarantined football players  returned Monday after a two week quarantine which cancelled the game against Gatesville and pushed homecoming to Oct. 21.

According to the new Lampasas ISD COVID-19 Dashboard,  there is now 1 active case at the high school and 15 students have recovered from the Coronavirus. Twenty-one total students in the district have gotten the virus, and 8 staff members in the district have gotten it with 2 being active right now.