Many Students To Volunteer At Squared Silly Tomorrow

Chris Ybarra, Editor-In-Chief

The annual Squared Silly celebration will begin tomorrow. Multiple groups of vendors will help run Squared Silly, all sponsored by non-profit organizations. The event is scheduled to last from about 5:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the town square.

Every year, Squared Silly provides a way for kids to enjoy a safe and exciting Halloween experience. The event also gives many organizations a way to give back to the people, including high school organizations.

“We’ve [FCCLA (Family, Career and Community Leaders of America)] been working on the haunted house for about a month now,” senior Lexi Poole said. “We’ve been coming to work on it from Monday to Friday from about 4-7. The first part of the haunted house will be for younger kids and won’t be as scary, but the second part will be for older kids and adults, so it’ll be a lot scarier.”

Games, bounce houses, hayrides and costume contests will be available for attendees, as well as a chance to support local establishments and the school district.

“The cheerleaders will be handing out candy to kids and selling ribbon,” cheer captain Tiana Guerra said. “We’re hoping the turnout will be good this year. Squared silly is always a great way for students to get involved in the community.”