Theatre 1 Class Presents Charlotte’s Web

Grace Stivers, Reporter

On May 14, the fourth period theatre 1 class presented Charlotte’s Web. This was their first time performing on stage in front of an audience all year.

Students from many other classes came to the cafetorium to watch the play during first and second period.   

“I think the performance went great,” freshman Isabel Ybarra said. “I think everyone did well. Everyone played their characters well and everything flowed smoothly. I’m glad we got to end this year on a performance we can be proud of.”

For many students, this was their first time on stage ever.

“I enjoy theatre a lot,” freshman Lacey Beavers said. “This was my first time on stage and it was very memorable. We put our own little twist on it to fit our class. I was Lamb in the play. I had a lot of fun with my classmates. Hopefully next year I can be moved into the productions class so I can do more plays.”

Many students in this class said that this was a good experience and that they would be willing to perform again.

“I was Gander,” sophomore Landon Mulcahy said. “I was a little scared going on stage at first, but then when we started the play it got easier because my nerves calmed down a bit. If I had forgotten any lines I planned to do some improv, but thankfully I didn’t forget anything. This was my first time doing something like this, and I will never forget this experience.”

Freshman Tate Rainwater said he enjoyed  playing Templeton.

“I loved the play,” freshman Tate Rainwater said. “Being Templeton, I got to show off a bit. I liked getting to have fun with my friends in this play and the ones in the audience. I think it was a good show for the audience.”