Class of 2019 to Graduate on May 24

The+graduating+senior+class+of+2019+releases+their+symbolic+balloons+at+the+end+of+the+homecoming+pep+rally.+These+students+will+graduate+on+May+24+at+7%3A30+p.m.+

Isabel Rafael, Reporter

The graduating senior class of 2019 releases their symbolic balloons at the end of the homecoming pep rally. These students will graduate on May 24 at 7:30 p.m.

Lexi Moreland, Reporter

Graduation for the class of 2019 is May 24 at 7:30 p.m. at Badger Stadium.

“I am very excited about graduating,” senior Kayla Appleton said. “I am excited to start my future and start working towards my career.”

Many seniors said they have learned skills to prepare them for life after high school.

“Through high school I learned a lot about time management and responsibility,” senior Jon Davis said. “It gave me the skills I needed to be successful in life. The only thing I’m not prepared for is taxes and bills.”

The end of the school year is a time when many reflect on their experiences. For seniors, this is even more true as they reflect on their entire school career.

“The biggest thing I learned this year is to have fun and make memories while I still can,” Appleton said. “I am definitely going to miss high school, though: the memories, my friends, and the cheer team.”

According to lower classmen, the 2019 class will most definitely be missed in the halls after they graduate.

“The seniors have changed my life for the better,” junior Nate Shaw said. “They made me closer to God and helped me achieve goals I’d never accomplish alone.”

Juniors are preparing to step up to take over the role of seniors.

“I feel good to be a senior,” Shaw said. “I have been waiting on it for a long time now and I am excited. They have put out a lot of things for me to look forward to, but it’s going to be a big shoe to fill, though.”

Many people believe high school students are stressed and only focus on homework and studying, but some seniors encourage the lower classmen to participate in a variety of activities.

“The biggest thing I want to tell people still in high school is to live your best life,” Appleton said. “Play sports, keep up with your grades, and don’t take anything, especially your memories and friends for granted.”