Future Friday

Two LHS Programs Participate in Kline Whitis Career Day

Mr. Gold and senior Zach tell the elementary students how the computers in automobiles work.

Grace Stivers, Reporter

For the past few Fridays, Kline Whitis has been participating in career days. On March 22, two LHS classes participated. Auto mechanics teacher Edward Gold and culinary arts teacher Jason Walsh’s students shared their knowledge and profession with the elementary students.

“I like going to Mr. Gold’s class,” senior Nolan Childs said to the elementary students. “It’s the best hour of my day. It really makes it worth going to school. I get to do a lot of hands on stuff. I’m currently rebuilding an old 1969 Volkswagen Bug in his class. I wanted to be a part of Future Friday so I could share job options with younger generations.”

Gold and Walsh informed pre-k through grade 5 students about being mechanics and chefs when they grow up.

“Today was exciting because I’ve never really done anything like career day,” sophomore Hannah Gessner said. “It was a cool experience and I’ll always remember it. Culinary arts has helped me come out of my shell so much this year. I love sharing my knowledge with the little kids.”

Along with the LHS representatives, other guests spoke about highway patrol, real estate, insurance, first responders, the military and doctors.