Theatre Prepares For District One Act Play Competition

Seniors+Amy+Figurski+and+McKenzie+McLendon+perform+Still+Life+of+Iris+on+Feb.+25.+The+District+competition+performance+is+tomorrow+in+Liberty+Hill.+

Skyler Oatman, Reporter

Seniors Amy Figurski and McKenzie McLendon perform “Still Life of Iris” on Feb. 25. The District competition performance is tomorrow in Liberty Hill.

Celie Price, Advertisement Manager

Tomorrow Lampasas Theatre will participate in the UIL District One Act Play competition in Liberty Hill. The show is called ¨Still Life with Iris,” and focuses on the adventures of the title character, a young girl named Iris.

Feb. 25 theatre performed their play for the public.

¨The show is about a little girl who lives in the town where they create everything in the world – they paint flowers and put spots on bugs,¨ senior and cast member Mckenzie Mclendon said. ¨She’s the best at finding things and is chosen to live with the rulers of the town, but she escapes from the palace to find her way back home.¨

Skyler Oatman, Reporter
Theatre students perform “Still Life With Iris” on Feb. 25.

For seniors, this will be the last play of their high school career, which makes the experience even more emotional and bittersweet.

¨It´s hard to think about this being my last show, because this is all I’ve known throughout high school, but I´m super excited for this season¨ senior and cast member Kenzie Peacock said. ¨I have kind of decided to just have fun this year and just enjoy the ride one last time.¨

The importance of family is emphasized as one of the main themes of the play, which helps the cast connect to the work in a more personal way.

¨I love getting to do this as my last show, because the storyline showcases how important family is and that´s exactly what theater is to me,¨ Mclendon said. ¨I also love the fairytale feeling the show creates! It´s so pretty to watch and be apart of.¨