A JP’s Mardi Gras

Juniorette Pierian Club To Host Annual Dance

Members+of+the+Juniorette+Pierian+Club+meet+at+a+member%27s+home+on+Jan.+7+to+discuss+plans+for+the+JP%27s+dance.+The+dance+will+be+on+Feb.+2+at+The+Hostess+House.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

A JP’s Mardi Gras

Members of the Juniorette Pierian Club meet at a member's home on Jan. 7 to discuss plans for the JP's dance. The dance will be on Feb. 2 at The Hostess House.

Photo courtesy of Natalie Reeves

Photo courtesy of Natalie Reeves

Photo courtesy of Natalie Reeves

Madyson Edgar, Reporter

The Juniorette Pierian club is a group of girls that meet the first Monday of every month to learn etiquette, learn how to be a hostess, and many other lessons for young ladies. They also host the annual JP’s dance that will be held on Feb. 2.

“There is not a set dress code for the dance,” JP’s president Kamri Corbin said. “The theme is Mardi Gras so some people might dress in vibrant colors because of the theme, but we do really advertise that this is a formal dance so we would like girls in dresses and boys in vests, ties, slacks, ect.”

The theme for the formal dance is Mardi Gras, and the girls in the club will put together a music playlist that is appropriate to give to the DJ. There will also be snacks, such as punch and cookies available at the dance for everyone to enjoy.

“The tickets will be sold for fifteen dollars per couple, and are not sold at the door,” Corbin said. “All of the girls in JP’s are selling the tickets, so to get a ticket just get in touch with a member.”

JP’s dance tickets are $15 each and admit one couple.

The dance is from 7-9 p.m., located at the Hostess House. There will be adult chaperones attending, such as the JP’s adult sponsors and parents of the JP’s girls.

All grade levels are allowed to attend and are allowed to bring a date from another school, as long as one person in the couple is enrolled in Lampasas High School.