Success At Fest

Annual Artober Event Runs Smoothly Despite Weather

Katelyn Terry, Editor-In-Chief

In the spirit of fall, the town held its annual Artober fest, previously called Art in the Park, which took place at the Hanna Springs Sculpture Garden in Campbell Park last Saturday. The festival brought food, booths, arts and crafts, special performances, contests, and much more.

“We had a great turn out – even though the weather was ‘iffy,’” animation teacher Cathy Kuehne said. “Austin Shakespeare Rocked the stage and so did both musical acts. Also, all of our high school volunteers were amazing – the LAFTA board members running the booth said that was the best set of volunteers they have ever had. And the dog costume contest was a hit. We are already looking forward to next year.”

Many of the booths, including arts and crafts which were run by many school organizations, had to shut down in the afternoon due to rain and wind.

“XFX did face painting, and NHS and Key Club had various craft tables,” senior and NHS member Addison White said. “But it was chilly and rainy so we had to pack up around one in the afternoon because the supplies was blowing off the tables.”

“I volunteered at Artober Fest for Key Club,” freshman Ellen Cleaton said. “We helped the kids make crafts, and it was kind of hard because of the wind, but we all had fun.”