Classes To Be On Pep Rally Schedule Sept. 21

Isabel Rafael, Reporter

On Friday, Sept. 21 the school day will be on pep rally schedule, but there will not be a pep rally. This means academic period will not happen after third period, but after eighth period instead. Students will still be dismissed from school at 3:25 pm.

Principal Robert White said that having the pep rally schedule will save instructional time in classes.

We have a large group of students who will be leaving the campus early to represent our school in out of town events on Friday night,” he said. “This would include members of the varsity football team, varsity volleyball team, junior varsity volleyball team, freshman volleyball team, trainers, cheerleaders, band, and Flames.  Also leaving the campus early will be their coaches, sponsors, and directors.”

Because so many students will be leaving, administrators have decided to have the pep rally schedule to make sure students still get to attend their classes without missing class time.

The varsity football team will be traveling to La Vernia to compete against La Vernia’s varsity football team. Accompanying the team will be the high school band, colorguard team, and Flames. Their game will begin at 7:30 pm.

The varsity, JV, and freshman volleyball teams will also be traveling out of town. They will compete at Salado and their games will begin at 5 pm.

More information can be found in the email and Canvas link Principal White sent out to all the students.