Few Dress Up For Star Wars Pep Rally Theme

Biology+teacher+Mrs.+Wells+was+one+of+very+few+to+dress+up+for+the+Star+Wars+pep+rally+theme+day.+

Daunte Cuffie, Reporter

Biology teacher Mrs. Wells was one of very few to dress up for the Star Wars pep rally theme day.

Daunte Cuffie, Reporter

The second pep rally theme was Star Wars, but many students did not dress up as Star Wars characters due to confusion with the difference in pep rally themes and the theme for the football games.

Biology teacher Mrs. Wells dressed as Rey, a character that fits the theme.

“I was very confused to see why most of the students were not dressed up this week,” Wells said. “I had a couple of students ask me why I was all dressed up, and then expressed their confusion with two different themes in one day.”

Junior Abby Martin was not dressed up for the theme of the day because she feels it is confusing to have one theme for the pep rally and a different one for the student section at the football game.

“I would show my spirit if the school made it easier and less confusing,” Martin said. “In the future, the school needs to just single out one theme and make every Friday a different theme which would cause more participation.”

Junior Ace Brooks said  he wants to show off his school spirit as much as he can, and the themes provide him with a chance to express himself.

“There is nothing more cool than getting all excited at the pep rally while the entire crowd is dressed in these crazy outfits and showing off their large amounts of school pride,” Brooks said. “Switching to one theme each Friday seems kind of lame to me. It would not have to be as confusing as long as the kids listen to the announcements, and plus, I get so much more excited when I go to school, then change my whole crazy outfit into another crazy fit for the game.”

The student section theme was Hawaiian tourist.