Badgers Pepped To First Victory

First pep rally proves successful

Bailey+Badger+%28freshman+Taran+Garnett%29+leads+cheerleaders%2C+captain+Melanie+Burbey%2C+co-captain+Makenzie+McLendon%2C+Tiana+Gurrera%2C+co-captain+Victoria+Martinez++and+Kelcie+Roper+in+the+school+song+at+the+end+of+the+first+pep+rally.+

Chris Ybarra, Photo Editor

Bailey Badger (freshman Taran Garnett) leads cheerleaders, captain Melanie Burbey, co-captain Makenzie McLendon, Tiana Gurrera, co-captain Victoria Martinez and Kelcie Roper in the school song at the end of the first pep rally.

Chris Ybarra, Photo Editor

This year’s first pep rally kicked off the season last Friday before the varsity football game against the Joshua Owls. The social media themed pep rally featured performances by the cheerleaders, Flames, band, colorguard and a mascot skit. The pep rally was both the first of the year and introduced freshman class to high school pep rallies.

“I thought it was a good start to my freshman pep rallies,” freshman Quinn Pace said.  “The whole experience was exciting and I’m really looking forward to the future ones.” The pep rally also presented the new signs above each graduating class, including the Goldfish© themed freshman sign. Every other class also exhibited their own signs, including a S’mores themed sign for sophomores.

“It was exciting and a great start to the season,” sophomore John Long said.

The varsity football season also started off with a win of 56-29.

“I thought it was good and had a lot of energy,” junior Austin Kilpenski said. “Everyone worked really hard to make this first pep rally happen.”

Students and faculty alike were impressed by the pep rally and its variety of performances.

“The pep rally was awesome,” faculty member Floyd Smith said. “I loved to see the high spirits and I can’t wait to see the game tonight.”

Many faculty members worked to put on the rally, including cheer coach Shannon Lindsey, band director Richard Hooper, Flames coach Shelby Hodnett, and color guard director Bonnie Oreka.

Chris Ybarra, Photo Editor
Flames captain Amy Figurski poses in the splits during the mascot skit at the first pep rally.